At present, we know of several variations:
- Clown Original - John Southerton (Picture 2 below)
- Dennis the Menace - Dennis Roberts
- Ghost 1a - Ghost 1b - Dennis Roberts (Ghosts don't like being photographed!)
- Golliwog 1 - Dennis Roberts (Picture 1 below)
- Golliwog 2 - Made by Dennis Roberts for Doreen Lunn
- Martian - Dilys Beeching (Picture 3 below)
- Rupert Bear - Jim Dodsworth
- ??? A Panda and a Scotsman are under construction. Please tell us if you have anything else and send pictures.Essentially, the kite is a hexagon with a special sort of tail. But there's a little more to it than that. We hope to include a drawing of the original design so that kite makers can easily develop new versions. Sorry there's no drawing yet, but for more information go to: More Details.
To read how it all started, see John Southerton's Notes.
NOTE: These pages are still under construction. If you have any Clown Kite pictures please send them to us and, hopefully, we can include them here.
1. Golliwog by Dennis Roberts 2. Clown by John Southerton 3. Martian by Dilys Beeching
You are the person to visit the clowns since 19 July 2000. Don't you think clown kites ought to be more popular?